WACE Conerfernce 2013
May 2011 Newslink
Click here to download the newsletter
WHAT IS SASCE
(SASCE) The Southern African Society for Co-operative Education is a non profit organization that promotes the integration of academic studies with quality work integrated learning. The success of cooperative education is that students are able to graduate with the competitive advantage of entering the world of work with accredited work experience related to their qualification disciplines.
To foster the practice of Co-operative Education with stakeholders in Southern Africa through promotional and educational activities by:
- Promoting co-operative education as an effective educational philosophy.
- Encouraging co-operative education research and development.
- The establishment of information resources on co-operative education.
- Creating opportunities for dialogue between practitioners of co-operative education
- Formally recognizing excellence in the practice of co-operative education
Our mission is to foster the practice of cooperative education by facilitating work integrated learning placement opportunities and thereby
- Producing work-ready graduates
- Promoting employment and job creation
- Providing career planning opportunities
- Sponsoring graduate placement opportunities
- Ensuring quality facilitation and learner support
- Providing quality hands on and critical skills training
- Addressing scarce skills and skills development needs
SASCE STRATEGIC GOALS
- To position SASCE as the authoritative voice and accreditation body for
Co operative Education
- To actively market Co-operative Education by establishing national and international partnerships through a representative membership database
- To promote and build capacity linking curriculum development & quality assurance to Work Integrated Learning (WIL)
- To promote research and development capacity toward a body of knowledge on Co operative Education practice and publication
THIS IS HOW WE DO IT !